Download Sunrise Calendar For Android

Anyone who knows photography knows IT IS ALL ABOUT THE LIGHT! And "golden hour" (the hour or so after sunrise and before sunset) is the best part of the day to take photos, so naturally, I plan all of my shoots around that!

Some of you might have seen me post about this on my Instagram stories a week or two ago, but one day when I was mapping out my calendar for the fall and planning out session times I had this thought of, "I wonder if there is a Google Calendar I can add that is JUST sunrise + sunset times?!" Because already having that on my calendar would be so much easier than going back and forth to my sun tracker app. So, I went looking and discovered that their used to be an option for this under the "Calendars of Interest" section, but it was recently removed by Google – bummer!

But then I got to thinking some more and decided there HAD to be a way I could make this happen. It's 2018 and this is not a complicated thing. If I can add my favorite NFL Team's schedule to my calendar with a few clicks (Texans & Saints, in case you were wondering), then there was for sure a way to have sunrise and sunset times added. After quite a bit of searching and a little bit of trial and error, I found a way that works and am so excited about it! So many of you photographers responded to my Instagram story about this, so I thought I'd put together a post with some step-by-step instructions for y'all — so here we go:

1. Go to this link and select your location.

Under the "sun" section, choose the location you want to use as a reference on the right-hand side. Mine auto-populated with my current city, so you might not even have to do this step!

2. Edit the settings

Below is a screenshot of what options I selected. If you don't do this step you'll have all sorts of other sunrise + sunset related times populating into your calendar. There's already enough stuff going on in there, so just keep it simple with the only selecting the sunrise + sunset box.

3. Click the "Subscribe Sun" button

4. A little series of pop-ups:

This is just what happened for me! I have a MacBook Pro, so if you're on a Windows-based computer, it might be different. Hopefully this still helps! So the first thing I saw was a pop-up from my iCal app and I clicked "Open Calendar." Then there was a pop-up from iCal with a Calendar URL.

5. Copy this URL and go to your Google Calendar

Now that you're back in your Google Calendar, click on the + icon next to the "Add a Coworkers Calendar" on the left-hand side. From there, select the "From URL" option, paste the URL, and click "add calendar."

6. All the sunrise + sunset times are in your calendar!

So now when you go to schedule a portrait session, or plan out a wedding day timeline, you can just look directly on your Google calendar and not have to open up another App! (I'm all for efficiency over here.) If you don't want it cluttering up everything, just deselect it on the left-hand side of your calendar view and simply turn it back on when you need it! The name it automatically was assigned was kind of funky, so I renamed mine "Sunrise + Sunset: ATX" to make it easy to find.

If you liked this post, you might also like:

What's in My Camera Bag

My Favorite Podcast Shows + Episodes

Source: https://angelalallyphotography.com/how-to-add-sunrise-sunset-times-to-your-google-calendar/

Posted by: demetriusstarnolde0193667.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post